Welcome to High School Youth Ministry
Upcoming Dates and Events
- Sept 9-10: Youth Ministry Open House After All Masses
- Sept 13: High School Youth Group Kick-off, 7-9pm`
- Sept 20: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Sept 27: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Oct 1: Vicariate Softball Challenge (PS / Flyer)
- Oct 4: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Oct 11: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Oct 14: Mercy in Action Day (Flyer / SIGN-UP)
- Oct 18: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Oct 25: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Oct 27: Three Cedars Farm Trip (PS / Flyer)
- Nov 1: Youth Group, 7-9pm Halloween Party! Alumni Welcome!
- Nov 3-5: High School Fall Retreat (PS / Flyer / Waiver)
- Nov 7: Forgotten Harvest Trip (PS / Flyer / Waiver)
- Nov 8: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Nov 15: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Nov 22: No Youth Group– Thanksgiving Break
- Nov 29: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Dec 2: Vicariate Las Posadas Trip (PS / Flyer)
- Dec 6: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Dec 8: Find the YM at the Mall Event (PS / Flyer)
- Dec 9: Jesse Tree Sorting Event (Flyer / SIGN-UP)
- Dec 13: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Dec 20: Youth Group, 7-9pm Christmas Party! Alumni Welcome!
- No Youth Group Dec 27 or Jan 3 for Winter Break!
- Jan 10: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Jan 13: International Dance Event (Save the Date)
- Jan 17: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Jan 19: Ladies Lock-In, 8pm-8am (PS Coming Soon!)
- Jan 24: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Jan 26: Men’s Lock-In (PS Coming Soon!)
- Jan 31: Youth Group, 7-9pm
IN FORMATION ON FALL SEMESTER DISCIPLESHIP GROUPS COMING SOON!
All of our programs are open to any high school student. There is no requirement that participants be Catholic, or even a member of St. John Neumann Parish. Some events require permission slips (indicated on the calendar above) but most don’t even require pre-registration. Parents are invited to contact Chris, the youth minister, at any time with questions: (734) 635-7258 or email@example.com.
High School Youth Group
HSYG meets on Wednesdays from 7-9pm. Meetings are open to all young people in grades 9-12 regardless of whether or not they are members of SJN or are Catholic. We welcome all young people! HSYG meetings are facilitated by our teen leadership team and cover a variety of topics and issues. We encourage teens to take the “3 Meeting Challenge” and give HSYG a try for 3 meetings as that is the best way to get a feeling for the diversity of activities that take place for high school students!
The Before Party
The Before Party is a loosely-structured time for teens to come, relax after school, briefly pray together, and share a meal before youth group starts. Teens can drop-in to the youth center anytime between 2:30-4:30pm to work on homework, talk with friends, play games, etc. At 4:30pm we will gather quickly for prayer and then share a meal together. All attendees must arrive by 4:30pm (or just come at 7:00pm for youth group!). (Flyer)
Disciple Groups are short-term, small groups where teens explore different topics and issues related to their Christian faith! These groups may meet at various times and places but require a short-term commitment. Within the small group teens and mentors build relationships that aid them in exploring the faith. Check out our list of Fall Offerings here!
If you would like to be added to our Youth Ministry Database or our Parent Mailing List please e-mail Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org!