Welcome to High School Youth Ministry
Upcoming Dates and Events
- July 12: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- July 16: Ultimate Frisbee and Summer Kick-Off, 7-11pm (Flyer)
- July 19: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- July 21: Activity Night, 7-10pm (Flyer)
- July 23: Ultimate Frisbee and Lawn Sports, 7-9pm
- July 25: Tigers Game, 6pm (Flyer / PS)
- July 26: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- July 30: Ultimate Frisbee and Lawn Sports, 7-9pm
- Aug 2: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Aug 4: Beach Day, 10-4:30pm (Flyer / PS)
- Aug 6: Ultimate Frisbee and Lawn Sports, 7-9pm
- Aug 9: Youth Group, 7-9pm
- Aug 11-12: Overnight Party (Flyer / PS)
- Aug 13: Ultimate Frisbee and Lawn Sports, 7-9pm
All of our programs are open to any high school student. There is no requirement that participants be Catholic, or even a member of St. John Neumann Parish. Some events require permission slips (indicated on the calendar above) but most don’t even require pre-registration. Parents are invited to contact Chris, the youth minister, at any time with questions: (734) 635-7258 or email@example.com.
High School Youth Group
HSYG meets on Wednesdays from 7-9pm. Meetings are open to all young people in grades 9-12 regardless of whether or not they are members of SJN or are Catholic. We welcome all young people! HSYG meetings are facilitated by our teen leadership team and cover a variety of topics and issues. We encourage teens to take the “3 Meeting Challenge” and give HSYG a try for 3 meetings as that is the best way to get a feeling for the diversity of activities that take place for high school students!
The Before Party
The Before Party is a loosely-structured time for teens to come, relax after school, briefly pray together, and share a meal before youth group starts. Teens can drop-in to the youth center anytime between 2:30-4:30pm to work on homework, talk with friends, play games, etc. At 4:30pm we will gather quickly for prayer and then share a meal together. All attendees must arrive by 4:30pm (or just come at 7:00pm for youth group!). (Flyer)
Disciple Groups are short-term, small groups where teens explore different topics and issues related to their Christian faith! These groups may meet at various times and places but require a short-term commitment. Within the small group teens and mentors build relationships that aid them in exploring the faith. Check out our list of Fall Offerings here!