What is Alpha? Alpha is a program of 10 interactive sessions designed to present the Gospel and the essentials of Christian faith in a dynamic way that reaches the hearts of all men and women. Each session includes a meal, a video talk, and small group discussion.
In 1976, Alpha originated at Holy Trinity Brompton, an Anglican parish in London. It was used as an outreach tool that addressed the spiritual hunger of people of our time.
In calling for a New Evangelization, recent popes have emphasized the need for Catholics to encounter Christ personally themselves, and to invite others to faith in Him both by word and by the witness of their lives. Alpha is a powerfully effective tool for accomplishing this.
What is Alpha?
- A series of interactive sessions that freely explore the basics of the Christian Faith
- A tool that has been used in at least 169 countries, communicated in over 112 languages, used by 127 denominations, and experienced by over 25 million people around the world.
- A 10-week commitment, in which individuals meet once a week and includes a day-long retreat about half-way through the program, as well as, a Celebration Dinner at the conclusion of the 10 week journey.
- A form of evangelization on a local level which involves the whole person – our intellect, our heart, our conscience, and our will.
- A form of evangelization which “meets people where they’re at” with their faith.
- A journey of growing our faith and developing a closer and deeper relationship with Jesus
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Bittner at (734)455-5910 ext.104 or by e-mail at email@example.com